...improving the quality of early childhood education for young children from birth to 8 years.
Kansas Association for the Education of Young Children
1310 A Westloop Place, #157
Manhattan, KS 66502
Kasey Kile, President
Michelle Gilbert, President Elect
Deb Crowl, Vice President
Kari Cronister, Secretary
Tara Glanton, Treasurer
Tara Glanton, Lawrence
Sam Schissler, Greater Kansas City (Currently through Missouri AEYC.)
Dawn Brown, Topeka (Chapter in the making.)
Angela Hagan, Salina (Chapter in the making.)
Berni Howe, Manhattan
(Chapter in the making.)
Chelsie Yokum (Kansas State University)
Non-Voting Board Members:
Mary Murphy, KDHE
Amanda Gress, KAC
Mark Stair, Accountant
Thank you to the following outgoing board members for all of your hard work, service and support of the Kansas Association for the Education of Young Children!
The Kansas Association for the Education of Young Children (KSAEYC) is a non-profit association whose members represent a diverse range of services for children. KSAEYC is affiliated with the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), which provides educational resources for adults committed to improving the quality and availability of services for children from birth through age 8... the critical years of development.
KSAEYC works to improve services and facilities in Kansas for all young children by:
1. Bringing together all persons interested in young children.
2. Encouraging professional development of all persons employed in the care and education of young children.
3. Providing continuing professional development opportunities for early childhood
4. Making the public aware of the needs of young children.
5. Collaborating with other agencies on behalf of young children.